How to set so I can respond to declined call with textSupport

1. boatman

boatman Well-Known Member

Used to be on my droid 3 and razr prior to ics that if someone called, and I swiped decline, it would pop up a bunch of sms to send back, like 'i will call you back in a few minutes etc.'

It doesn't offer me that anymore, and I can't find that setting in ICS, but maybe I just can't find it.

Anyone know if it's my search skills or if that option of responding with a sms no longer exists. thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. carracerz14

carracerz14 Well-Known Member

Just swipe up on the call screen? Or if the screen was already on just hit the text button:confused:
  3. boatman

boatman Well-Known Member

thanks for the quick reply, but either i am not explaining well or not understand your response.

a call comes in. you used to be able to accept or decline. when you declined, it sends the call to voicemail, and dialog box comes up giving you the option of sending a txt back to the caller with a variety of responses. (these could be changed under some menu setting)

that no longer happens if you decline the call with ics.

I have looked in the dialer settings, and general settings, etc. but cannot find this option.
  4. Grey1001

Grey1001 Well-Known Member

from the ICS manual

good luck
  5. ballroomdru

ballroomdru Well-Known Member

When I get calls I can choose between accept, text, and decline . Your phone doesn't give you these options?