1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

How to set the GPS to automatic in the Camera?

Last Updated:

1. elidoperezmd

elidoperezmd Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all...

I have noticed that if i switch the gpd off the function that allows geotanging in the pictures/ camera also goes off, but if i turn it on it wont turn on the geotags in the camera.

How can i fix this? i dont wnat to have the gps on alll the time for when i take a picture have the geo tags...

????

tahnks for ur time

Advertisement
  2. elidoperezmd

bump

3. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

On my Motorola Milestone (I have no clue what device you have) I opened the Camera app and pressed the Menu button, went to Settings. The topmost option was Store Location and that is the setting you are looking for.

P.S. Make sure you update your profile with the specific device you have and you will make it molto easier for us to help you.

4. elidoperezmd

I took your advace on updating the profile. I currently im using a Samsung Galaxy S, ant the only GPS/location option that shows is : GPS and a check marck for it, thats it, thats in the camera application. but when i shut of the GPS outside the camed that check mark also goes off. I have set Tasker to turn on the Gps when the camera turns on, but that does not helo, since the check mark for the Camera (GPS) does not come on...

5. nomarsgirl

nomarsgirl Well-Known Member

I just leave GPS enabled all the time. It will only turn on when it is needed. I haven't noticed any difference in battery from doing that, but it is much better than having each app prompt me to turn on location for it to function properly.

6. elidoperezmd

i would love to do that, but i have noticed that wifi on drains the battery. wifi+ gps= kills it

7. Szadzik

I have GPS always on, never turn it off and it never activates unless there is an app that needs it, no battery drain at all.

8. elidoperezmd

ill try it for a couple days and will get back to you with the feed back. thanks

9. nomarsgirl

nomarsgirl Well-Known Member

Wifi is constantly searching for a signal so it will drain battery. GPS should only turn on when an app needs it.

10. elidoperezmd

How can stop thw ifi from automatically searchin networks, i have disable: notify me when open networks are available... what else?

11. Szadzik

When in WiFi section press Menu and go to Advanced settings, you might find some more options there.

12. Maris

Maris Well-Known Member

You mentioned you use Tasker in a previous post, so why not use Tasker to toggle your WiFi as needed? Then you could leave GPS on all the time and not worry about it.

13. Demonhotrod

Demonhotrod Well-Known Member

I did not know this, I always have my GPS off and turn it on manually when needed, which can be a pain if I forget. Thanks for that golden nugget of information.