• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to set the GPS to automatic in the Camera?

D

Deleted User

Hi all...

I have noticed that if i switch the gpd off the function that allows geotanging in the pictures/ camera also goes off, but if i turn it on it wont turn on the geotags in the camera.

How can i fix this? i dont wnat to have the gps on alll the time for when i take a picture have the geo tags...

????

tahnks for ur time

On my Motorola Milestone (I have no clue what device you have) I opened the Camera app and pressed the Menu button, went to Settings. The topmost option was Store Location and that is the setting you are looking for.

P.S. Make sure you update your profile with the specific device you have and you will make it molto easier for us to help you.

Upvote 0
On my Motorola Milestone (I have no clue what device you have) I opened the Camera app and pressed the Menu button, went to Settings. The topmost option was Store Location and that is the setting you are looking for.

P.S. Make sure you update your profile with the specific device you have and you will make it molto easier for us to help you.

I took your advace on updating the profile. I currently im using a Samsung Galaxy S, ant the only GPS/location option that shows is : GPS and a check marck for it, thats it, thats in the camera application. but when i shut of the GPS outside the camed that check mark also goes off. I have set Tasker to turn on the Gps when the camera turns on, but that does not helo, since the check mark for the Camera (GPS) does not come on...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones