How to set up Exchange mail accountSupport

1. AllThingsPure

AllThingsPure Well-Known Member

One day, my Exchange mail account on my original Galaxy S 2.1 just disappeared. And I couldn't set it up again. So I upgraded to Froyo and tried setting up my mail account again.

At the Checking incoming server settings... stage, it kept returning with "Setup could not finish" "Unable to connect server". These are the exact words.

Thinking there is something wrong with my Exchange server, I took an iPhone. With both phones in my hands, I entered the exact same parameters, and the iPhone Exchange client worked!

Back to the Galaxy S, I tried other things:

a. I entered a non-existent server, that is a name that cannot be resolved, mydomain.netx, and the error message was the same.

b. I entered a working but not an Exchange web server, google.com, and the error message was the same.

c. I entered ibm.com as the Exchange server, and it came back with "Username or password incorrect. (Authentication failed.)" Oops, I have just given my password to IBM!

d. I entered my Exchange server (the one that worked with the iPhone) but purposely gave the wrong password. It returned "Username or password incorrect. (Authentication failed.)"

So it seems my Exchange server is responding alright. How can I get my mail account on Android to work?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Sibben

Sibben Member

I'm having this issue as well preventing me to use exchange but no one seems to know how to fix it. In my office people with iPhones and HTCs use it without problems. The only solution is a third part mail app but that sucks.