• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to Set up Samsung Galaxy S as Access Point for Your Personal Hotspot Area

cerr

Sep 28, 2010
Hi There,

I recently upgraded to Android 2.1 on my Galaxy I5700 and i remembered that i was told that i can configure my phone to be an accesspoint so i can connect with my netbook to its ssid. Which would be awsome... so i went googling for it and found this: How to Set up Samsung Galaxy S as Access Point for Your Personal Hotspot Area - CDMA TECH - Nice, seems easy only...the menu in my phone is different from: Settings>> Wireless and Network>> Mobile Access Point (AP) Settings>> activate
I got something along the lines of Settings>> Wireless & networks>> Mobile networks but nothing that would refer to an access point or similar...anyone able to help?

Thanks!!!

Reactions: raff
some carriers remove some features that they dont want you to use. unless you pay for it.

if that is the case... you have to ROOT your phone.
then get an app from the market to do wifi tehter...to make your phone a wifi hotspot.

if you dont want to root.. you can use other USB tether software from the market.

you should start your search in the subform of your particular phone model

Reactions: sixtythree
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones