How to Set up Samsung Galaxy Spica (I5700) as Access Point for Your Personal Hotspot AreaSupport

Last Updated:

1. cerr

cerr Member

Hi There,

I recently upgraded to Android 2.1 on my Galaxy I5700 and i remembered that i was told that i can configure my phone to be an accesspoint so i can connect with my netbook to its ssid. Which would be awsome... so i went googling for it and found this: How to Set up Samsung Galaxy S as Access Point for Your Personal Hotspot Area - CDMA TECH - Nice, seems easy only...the menu in my phone is different from: Settings>> Wireless and Network>> Mobile Access Point (AP) Settings>> activate
    I got something along the lines of Settings>> Wireless & networks>> Mobile networks but nothing that would refer to an access point or similar...anyone able to help?

2. twannie83

twannie83 New Member

I had to look for hours on the internet for a solution. My work pc doesn't allow Ad-hoc connection, because of stupid administrator restrictions from work. So my Spica has to be used as accesspoint.

I findly found a rom, that is stable and that allows the Spica to be an accesspoint through native Wifi tethering. I hope this post helps lots of people who love their Spica and want to also use its full potential.

You first need to root your Spica. Can also be found on the forum.

Good Luck!