how to setup apn setings to receive mms??Support

Last Updated:

1. nuke777

nuke777 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I don't get any mms even though my plane has it. any advise on how to setup apn would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. big_mike

big_mike Well-Known Member

try and send one first im sure thats the way i had to set it up on my last phone.

hope that helps

mike

3. nuke777

I did send few to my buddy and few to mysellf and it just gives me a error that it cant download.:(

so I am assuming it has something to do with apn configurations.

4. maurinet

maurinet Well-Known Member

Just get "APNdroid" from the Market.
    It lets you turn off the 3G/Gprs/EDGE and keep the MMS on.

5. nuke777

thanks for the tip but turning off 3g just in order to receive a mms is not a great solution, there must be a way that I can get a mms while on 3g network.

6. maurinet

If your 3G is on and you don't get MMS, chances are there is an error in your APN configuration. Usually you can call the service center of your phone carrier and they either send you an sms with the configuration or they give you the information on the phone.

It sounds weird that you can access 3G and not MMS... APN still lets you manage all those connections, you should give it a try anyways, who knows, maybe that solves it.

Good luck,

7. nuke777

thanks m8, I will give this prog a go but I get the feeling I will still have to deal with the rep people.

8. nuke777

what I find very weird is that in the apn I put my cell provider: wap.davewireless.com
    and immediately I get the 3G sign on top. now when I use the default apn settings I don't get 3g sign, does it mean I am on 2G?

I believe my cell provider network is 3G only. I still dont get no mms even with the 3G icon now showing , so my next quastion does it uses more buttery now and whats the difference?

9. qwerty100

qwerty100 Well-Known Member

We need to know what country/carrier you are on, and are you contract or pay as you go? hopefully then someone with the same carrier/contract type can tell you their working configuration....

10. maurinet

Just make sure that you don't have the "Use only 2G networks" option selected in Wireless Controls - Mobile Networks. This whole thing sounds very weird... can you try using a different simcard from the same network? There's always a chance the problem is in your simcard.

11. Frojd

Frojd Well-Known Member

It's not "very wierd", a lot of people have problem with getting mms setup correctly. I don't think it's working on my phone now even though I'm using the supposedly correct settings.

12. nuke777

I live in Canada, Toronto and I use Mobilicity carrier. its a no contract carrier with different monthly planes.

even if I wanted to use that option "Use only 2G networks" it doesn't let me for some reason. I know it is not in SIM card problem because I tested it in another phone the very first phone I got from my carrier I could receive mms. so it is got to be something to do with samsung galaxy config.

I guess I can live without it.

thanks for all your help guys!!

13. Cougar

Cougar Well-Known Member

If you've never used MMS before (say on previous phones), it will need to be enabled by your provider. Shouldn't cost anything, it's just a setting at their end which says whether or not you have an MMS-capable phone.

14. nuke777

yeh you know what? I wanted to put a cross on it but now I think I shell give them a shout.

15. Sweets77

Sweets77 New Member

Hi, I just had to call optus as I couldnt figure out how to do the apn setting up etc. He talked me through it and sent the settings via email. Now I can send mms and search the net from the phone. Yay :)