How to Share wired internet connection through wifi dongle to my HTC wildfireSupport

Last Updated:

1. conitin

conitin New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys,

I have a wired internet connection on my PC, how do i share that internet connection to my HTC wildfire. i read in some forum about connectify , but it confused me. Now if i buy a usb wifi dongle and attach that to my pc , will i be able to share my wired internet connection with my cell phone.

please guide me

Advertisement
  2. Jobak

Jobak Active Member

Hi there
    I dont think you can do that. It doesn help to buy a USB dongle when you dont have wireless internet. (But I know what you're thinking)
    Use your money on a wireless accesspoint instead. If you only have 1 lanport on your device from your ISP. Buy a wireless router instead.

3. Dog_chops

Dog_chops Well-Known Member

Get yourself a 3 MiFi from Ebay....... unlocked of course. Problem sorted.

4. conitin

-----------

Hi Jobak,
    Thanks for your reply.
    If i buy a wireless wifi router then how would i configure it.
    i mean the connection between my wired internet connection and this wireless router, my OS is win 7.

5. justintime1960

justintime1960 Member

You can still keep your wired connection to your computer through a plug on the back of the router. You will also be able to set up a passphrase that you can also put into the HTC and bingo, WIFI connection. If you have a mate that is computer savvy get them to set it up for you.

John

6. Ziemas

Ziemas Member

There are tons of router specific tutorials online. It's a pretty straight forward affair. I just did my first a few weeks ago and it took me about half an hour from the time I started searching for info until it was set up.

7. conitin

Hi John
    Mine is a Wireless USB device which i use to connect to internet,
    and to connect to internet i have to pass the user id, password ,and the number , like a dialup connection.so can i use this device with the wifi router.

8. Jobak

Jobak Active Member

Hi again
    Do you have a wireless USB device from your ISP? Is that plugged in your computer? Or du you have a plug in the wall? If it is the first one, I dont think you can share that connection. The USB device then have a SIMcard installed. It is very much depending on how your ISP is managing their internet. Anyway on some routers there is the oppotunity to connect a USB device on the WAN side of the router, to share the internet connection. I think the best is, that you contact your internet provider and ask them what you can do. There is 100 different ways on how the ISP's manage their accounts in different countries and areas.
    On this one you can connect the USB and share what internet the USB can provide you with. You have to punch in the username and password etc in the routers WAN settings.
    http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=525

9. justintime1960

justintime1960 Member

Do you mean wired? If you do then no, you wont be able to share the internet connection. Invest in a wireless router 802.11N is best i believe and then you can use the Wildfire on WIFI.

John

10. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Well-Known Member

if your on windows set up an adhoc

11. mvmsk

mvmsk Well-Known Member

dude..there some other threads..for it..already solved this problem for GALAXY ACE..
    it sgud work for you tooo definitely

http://androidforums.com/android-applications/352607-wifi-internet-laptop-successful.html

12. thewix

thewix New Member

I found this cool product gobabymobile Mini WiFi “dongle dock” i bought one of these to see if i could share my dongle connection and it worked great

*and it works with any dongle on any network anywhere in the world*

now me and the whole famliy can use the internet, and we can have as menny devices conected to it at once

if you google (gobabymobile ) as they said i can not post links

Hope this helps

Wix :)

Attached Files:

13. Nirik2011

Nirik2011 New Member

hiii,
    As you mentioned u have win 7 OS, upto my knowledge you dont have to buy a wifi router/dongle any thing else. just install virtual router to ur pc to access ur internet connection with ur smartphone with wifi. (the software is free of cost ):)

14. qilc

qilc New Member

15. boscharun

boscharun Active Member