How to shut off camera click?Support

Last Updated:

1. Ramprat

Ramprat Active Member

How in the world do you shut off the shutter noise when taking pictures with the Droid X, that noise is driving me nutz, not to mention trying to take pictures quietly....

Advertisement
  2. lennydude

lennydude Well-Known Member

Download an app called Sound Manager. Then just shut off system sound on the top. Keep all your other sounds where you want them. Works 100%.
  3. Gareee

Gareee Well-Known Member

More easily, learn to use the settings built into the camera app. Start the camera, and hit the hard menu button, and select settings... scroll down, and turn off the shutter sound there. ;)
  4. lennydude

lennydude Well-Known Member

Have you actually tried that to see if it works? LOL
  5. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

um, not for the Blur Camera, bro
  6. Gareee

Gareee Well-Known Member

I have the blur camera, and can turn the shutter sound off. I just read someone else post that they do not see the option either. Odd.

I know in the original blur camera, we also had an option for a self timer, but we lost that with the froyo update.
  7. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

Only option I have related to shutter on my unrooted Droid X is to turn off the shutter animation, but not the sound. Check yours again, I think you might have the camera settings menu mixed up. Only way I know of that works is to turn the system sound to zero.
  8. Ramprat

Ramprat Active Member

That's what I have, can stop the animation, but not the sound.

Want other sounds, but not the shutter sound.....:mad::mad::mad:
  9. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

this is interesting, because the Froyo Blur camera did NOT have this option, but the GB Blur camera does allow you to turn off the shutter tone

very interesting