How to silence incoming call?Support

Last Updated:

1. ddtan

ddtan Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,
    I'm waiting from my phone, and trying to decide which holster/clip to get. Here's my question: there are times when at work, when I can't take a call, and want to silence the ringtone and send the call to voicemail. Is there a button I can press to do this?
    Second question: are you able to press this button with the phone in one of those leather holsters (I know there are several) So if you can, which one? Or would you need to get one of those clip on holders?
    Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. aznkp

aznkp Member

dont know of a button, but if you flip your phone upside down, itll silence it

3. Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth Well-Known Member

Just hit the volume rocker, up or down works I believe.

4. rapidsandroid

rapidsandroid Well-Known Member

The only button I know of to silence calls and send to VM is the one when you hit the power button and get the option to Silence or Vibrate Only.
    You can also go into Contacts, and if there are certain people in your Contacts that always call you during meetings then you can hit the option on their contact card for Send to VoiceMail.

5. The_Omega_Man

The_Omega_Man Active Member

Before you put the phone into the holster. Hit the down volume button until you feel the phone vibrate. Hit it one more time to turn off ringer sound and vibrate. Alternatively, you can silence the phone from the lock screen prior to putting it in the holster, by swiping from right to left. This also works when the call comes in, but you will need to pull the phone out of the holster.

btailor likes this.
  6. TokedUp

TokedUp Well-Known Member

hit the volume down button on left side of phone. Also if you hit the unlock button on top it auto sends calls to VM

7. rapidsandroid

rapidsandroid Well-Known Member

OK, I must be on the short bus because I can't duplicate this. Is this for the Incredible? I am swiping like crazy on the lock screen and nothing happens.

8. ddtan

ddtan Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, I guess that pressing the volume rocker is the usual way to silence a call. Now, to find out whether those leather holsters block the volume rocker, or not.
    I usually don't turn off the ringer because, sometimes I take the call and sometimes I don't, and at least with my current phone, sometimes I don't feel the vibrate, and when I do, I don't want it to keep on vibrating if i don't immediately take the call.