How to speed it upSupport

1. gripweed

gripweed Well-Known Member

My phone is just slllooowwww.

I'll press the phone icon...wait 6 seconds...phone opens up...then I'll dial a number, wait about 12 seconds until something finally shows on the screen.

Nothing is instantaneous at all....there is always at least some sort of wait and sometimes it's fricken long for a simple task.

Rebooting it sometimes helps but a day or two later it's bogged down again.

Is there anything to do besides getting rid of apps? I'm getting kind of sick of hearing to delete some apps in order to keep my expensive cell phone fast. My iPad never has that issue.

I don't even have that many apps.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

Try clearing the cache on the device. I remember my phone was getting slow and when I did that along with a reboot it was normal again. :)
    Oly6t1 likes this.
  3. gripweed

4. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

Yes, or just go to Settings > Applications > and clear the cache on apps like facebook, twitter, Youtube, Internet, etc. Also, deleting old text messages helps too. :)
  5. gripweed

I did that and it didn't help a whole lot. A little though.

I disabled the lock screen and its far better. Every time I would unlock the phone, it'd sit there a couple of seconds like it was catching up to the action, then unlock, and everything would just be slow. Now I don't have a lock screen and its hummin around pretty well.
  6. JemmyDucks

JemmyDucks Well-Known Member

Might want to install something like SystemPanel and let it monitor your phone for a while. Then check the history (in SystemPanel) to see if you have any apps that are consuming a lot of CPU time. If one process is slow, it's probably because something else is hogging the processor.
  7. Adauth

Adauth Well-Known Member

Root it.
    Get rid of all the useless bloatware. Freeze unused apps. Install apps such as sd maid, root cleaner, titanium backup, and plenty of others.
    Your phone will run flawlessly. One of the best decisions I've made was rooting my razr.
    The benefits of having a rooted phone are to many to list.
  8. jwp0015

jwp0015 New Member

Very true. I was hesitant at first since the ever popular CWM is questionable with the Razr Maxx, but I ended up rooting and it's fantastic! There's plenty of apps to analyse what's draining your battery (it's likely those are the apps slowing down your system) as well as gobs of forums with suggested apks to freeze or uninstall to improve performance and battery life.

I suggest getting Orange Backup once you root, make a complete backup (I use TWRP compressed). That way you'll always have a rooted zip file to reflash your device with.

Once you're backed up, start playing around with your device (rom, kernel, build.prop edits, sysctrl tweaks...) Odds are, you'll find a great combo which works for you.