how to stop albumthumbs from appearing in my Gallery?!!?Support

Last Updated:

1. him2010

him2010 New Member This Topic's Starter

please! for the love of god ;)
    how?

i deleted them and they reappear... i dont mind them there for my music, but i hate going to my gallery and seeing tons of album pics...

cheers!

Advertisement
  2. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

The way I found round this was not to have album thumb images as image files along with the music.

You can actually attach the art to the music tags then there are no separate files to appear in the gallery.

3. Evil Peter

Evil Peter Well-Known Member

I think the phone copies the album art and saves it in a special place so there's a chance that you can delete your album images and still get the picture when you're in the Music Player.

I don't really recommend putting the images in the mp3-tag since that tends to make them quite low resolution and doesn't look that good on the SGS. At least that goes for all such I've seen.

I use the app Album Art Grabber to download and install the album covers for the albums I transfer for my phone. Works great, you get a few images to choose from for every album and it doesn't put it on the phone in form of images that will be picked up by the Gallery.

4. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

5. Evil Peter

Evil Peter Well-Known Member

It could just be the files I've had then (I haven't put any pictures in tags myself) but none have been of the quality I got through the app.

6. Markiz

Markiz Well-Known Member

Thats not true, you can embed pictures of any resolution inside mp3. Its a much sleeker solution than having separate image files.

There is a great program called mp3 tag (Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v2, MP4, OGG, FLAC, ...)) that can search for covers on amazon and you can embed them in a second. its also fantastic for mass tag operations, to keep your music collection healthy and well organized.

Or you can download albumart via google images and add it manually if you prefer really high resolution, mp3tag search mostly gives you 500x500.

7. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

This will sound arsy, but did you read my post before saying pretty much the same thing :)

8. Markiz

Markiz Well-Known Member

:)

the strangest thing happened.. i clicked to quote evil peter, forgot about it and went to mow my lawn so i did not see you post.

I any case, we do agree that mp3tag i amazing for us obsessed with having neat music library :)

9. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

Yes, it is useful.

I have in the past wasted many hours 'tidying' my music collection with mp3tag for no real reason! :)

10. Markiz

Markiz Well-Known Member

No real reason? Oh, but the benefits are awesome. When you load that music in any desktop or other player, everything is so easy to manage, find, play.. And it looks nice without all those hieroglyphs every ripper on the face of the earth puts in :)

In any case, OP, try mp3tag.