How to stop automatic updates on 3GSupport

Last Updated:

1. whs37

whs37 Well-Known Member

I was considering to buy a MiFi to connect my N7 to 3G. But there you only have a limited bandwdith. I would not want to eat my bandwidth with automatic updates. How can I stop those.

And also, do phone calls via VoIP (GrooveIP) count against the bandwidth and how much.

Advertisement
  2. Hook

Hook Ever since DU... ;-) VIP Member

I have automatic updates turned off in the play store. I think if you had it enabled across the board, you can just uncheck it is settings. If you selected individual apps to auto-update you will probably have to o and switch them off individually.

I don't know the answer to the second question. I suspect the answer to using data is "yes" but don't know how much.
  3. whs37

whs37 Well-Known Member

Where actually do you stop updates in the PlayStore.
  4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

In Play Store settings you can choose auto updates as the default, or not. For individual apps already inheriting the previous default, you have to bring those up, and uncheck automatic updates.
    whs37 likes this.
  5. whs37

whs37 Well-Known Member

Thanks - but when I bring my app(s) up in the PlayStore, I see no option to change the updates.
  6. Hook

For the global settings, open the menu in the play store and chose settings. Auto-update apps has a checkbox. If checked, uncheck it.

For individual apps that are installed, if that is an issue, you should see an "allow automatic updating" check box at the top when they are selected.
    whs37 likes this.
  7. whs37

whs37 Well-Known Member

I am sorry. But this is all I see - no auto-updates.

[​IMG]
  8. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

It's on the app, not the web -

Attached Files:

whs37 likes this.
  9. Hook

Yes, sorry, never occurred to me you were using Play on the web. I do use the web version for searching, but settings are by device so they wouldn't have them on the web.
    EarlyMon and whs37 like this.
  10. whs37

whs37 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. That clarifies it. Shows that I am still too much of a PC man, LOL.
    EarlyMon likes this.