• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how to stop browser from mobile sites??

how can i get my browser to go to the full site instead of jumping straight to mobile versions of the site?

This is a workaround that I use. Some sites insist on going into mobile view. So what I did for my most frequently visited sites is the following.

For example for google.
Go to google.com...mobile google opens
Scroll down click classic desktop view.
The browser opens up into classic desktop view, you should notice the google link is now different.

Highlight the new url link and copy it.
Now create a bookmark and paste this url link into your bookmark.
Now you can simply access your most frequent sites using bookmark, and go straight to full classic desktop view.

I did the same for my homepage. I was sick and tired of the stock browser taking me to mobile google. So I copy and pasted the classic desktop view url link and set this to my homepage. Now everytime I open up my browser it automatically goes to Google Classic!

not a cure all, but good workaround for now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones