1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

How to stop Facebook sync

Last Updated:

1. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I keep getting all my FB contacts in my phone list. As I have about 2000 friends on FB, this is quite annoying when I'm looking for a number that otherwise would be easy to find, I have to scroll through hundreds of numbers that I dont want to be there.

so how can i get rid of all the FB numbers in my phone book? or on my "people" list???

Advertisement
  2. jsimanella

jsimanella Active Member

Applications/People/Menu/View/ <Uncheck> Facebook

3. sail4fun201

sail4fun201 Well-Known Member

Also, you might want to look into unfriending some of those people. National Unfriend Day was November 17; seems like you missed it.

4. incredible x4

incredible x4 Well-Known Member

If you are talking about the list of people when you open the dialer, the only way to get rid of that list is to sign out of facebook on your phone. This is the only way the clear the dialer. But it also means that you can't use any facebook app for your phone anymore. So its a trade off. Lose facebook on your phone and clear the dialer, or deal with it. I have personally chose to just deal with it.

To clear the people app, use the method jsimanella said.

Another thing I might add, if you are worried about accidentally calling people from your facebook, download an app called Call Confirm from the market. It's free. It will block the call ask you if you really want to call someone before it will let the phone actually dial the number. Really handy.

Rangerdavid likes this.
  5. Rangerdavid

Tried this, actually it has been unchecked, yet all the FB contacts show up in the phone list. I don't want to uninstall FB, but I may try the other suggestion on the dialer verification app. thanks!

RD:D

6. Rangerdavid

also, just signed out of FB and the "friends" are still in the phone list.

downloading Call Confirm now. thanks.