• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to stop music playing on startup

buttoxide

Lurker
Jan 24, 2012
No, I'm not talking about the startup sound that happens with the startup animation.

When my phone turns on, after the startup animation and into the OS, when it says Media Scanning Completed on the top bar, it begins to automatically play this one piece of music.

The music can only be turned off if I flip the phone face down. I have left it alone for one hour before, and the music will literally go on forever until I slam the handset face down.

This is particularly annoying because I can't find the music file on the phone, and I haven't been able to fix the random restarts on my phone - which means that my phone will burst into music at the most inappropriate times. I'm wondering if anyone has faced such a similar problem before, because my google-fu is clearly not working in this case.

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows what is going on. This is incredibly frustrating to deal with.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones