How to stop Play app update notifications?

1. DaveSyd

DaveSyd Well-Known Member

I have ICS running on my SGS2 phone and love it. However there are some apps from the Play store where I simply do not want to update anymore but they constently notify me an update is available. For example I have no interest in Google+ and they keep updating it?

I do want to receive updates for other apps just not some of them. I have no interest in rooting the phone at this point either? Does anyone know how to do this or if it's possible?

Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

You might the Google+ app disable in Settings, Apps, All ...
    Uninstall Google+'s updates and then choose "Disable" :)

Harry
  3. DaveSyd

DaveSyd Well-Known Member

Thanks for that. A slight variation on this though... I have 2 other apps that I like to use, but I don't like the updates. So I can't disable those ones. Any way around these ones?
  4. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

I think, there isn't any way ...

Harry
  5. BinNH

BinNH New Member

That's really dumb! I absolutely never use YouTube, Amazon MP3 or Blockbuster on my phone, but these apps were pre-installed on my phone and I can't uninstall them. I don't want the updates because I never use them and each update is bigger than the previous version taking up even more memory for something I never use. I'm extremely tired of getting notified 3 or 4 times a day that updates are available for these apps. I want to shut that off so badly. If I can't uninstall them, I want them to just leave me alone instead of making me hate them.
  6. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

In ICS you can disable the apps natively, even bloatware.

For example, goto Settings | Apps | All | Blockuster and there should be a disable buttin right there.