• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How To Stop Services From Launching?

phaze3131

Oct 28, 2009
Hey guys I just got the TaskPanel app and it allows me to kill background running apps/services easily.

My question is how can I get these apps/services to just stop launching themselves. I'm not using them at all and I really am just looking for a way to get them to stop launching and running.

They include services like:
google voice
alarm clock
calendar
corporate calendar

Thanks for any help!

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure these features are built into the Android OS and you can't stop them. I know when I tried to use Quick Uninstaller to delete the Corporate Calendar it advised me not to cause it's so tightly integrated with the OS itself.

Is this a joke? I'm not even using anything in my calendar and not even using Google talk, let alone need any Google talk storage.

Noone is concerned about apps just taking up 40k of 256 memory just for no reason?????

Upvote 0
Have you turned off the autosync feature ?

Yea I have never had autosync on.

I mean the excuses are all good about how they don't take up much memory. But I'd really like control over my device and these processes (like google talk storage) do use the cpu at one time or another and for no reason at all except that they are running in hopes that I might use that app soon.

Well I am not going to, and won't probably ever so I really don't need it launching itself everytime I close it and using my my cpu bandwidth.

So lets move past the excuses and work towards a solution I think would be our best bet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones