How to stop the LED flash for Gmail notifications?Support

Last Updated:

1. JohnJSal

JohnJSal Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to turn off the LED notification for Gmail? I went into the LED options and unchecked "Email," but I'm not sure if that's just for the "Email" app itself, and not Gmail. I still get the LED flash when I have new Gmail, but it doesn't seem to happen *every* time! :(

I still want the notification icon to appear, so I don't want to turn off Gmail notification altogether. I already turned off sound, now I just need to turn off the LED.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. brushrop03

brushrop03 Well-Known Member

Yeah man, i've been trying to figure this one out too. It's almost making me not want to use the app...

3. AHWagner

AHWagner Well-Known Member

I'm interested in this also and I want to know how to change the frequency of when my phone goes out to Gmail and retrieves new mail.

4. JohnJSal

If I'm not mistaken, I don't think you can change the frequency. Gmail seems to be pushed to your phone immediately, in which case I don't think the app is actually "checking" anyway, which I assume means it doesn't use up the battery to do so.

But still, that LED............... :(

5. jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish Well-Known Member

Maybe you can turn off the notifications in the app itself, and download one of the Gmail notifiers from the market, which are probably a bit more flexible as far as notifications go.

6. JohnJSal

Perhaps, but I hate getting third-party apps to do something I already have by default. Right now I just have Gmail auto-syncing turned off altogether, so no notifications.

7. Sven62

Sven62 Member

How do I turn off Gmail auto syncing?

EDIT: Never mind. I found it.