How to stop unwanted sms?Support

Last Updated:

1. arelunde

arelunde Member This Topic's Starter

Been getting sms from an unknown source in a different language. Can't get them to stop texting. How to block, other than signing up on Verizon? Have Droid X.

Advertisement
  2. Lineman69

Lineman69 Well-Known Member

I am new to this but cant you use the firewall blocker that is built into the phone and block any number?

3. Romoko

Romoko Active Member

It wont stop the texts from coming in, but it will stop you from receiving them or getting a notification:

Handcent has a function called "blacklist". Just long press on the persons text and select "blacklist".

4. Sek0n

Sek0n Well-Known Member

Theres also a feature in your vzw account to disable sms from the web. (Login to VZW > My Services > Spam Controls > Internet Spam Blocking > Block all text messages sent from the web. )

This will stop most spam. Problem with it though is you may not get sms from ppl that actualy use the net to sms (Although I don't know of anyone that does), and maybe any sms alerts you might sign up for online. Might also block texts from Google Voice too.. not sure.

May not be ideal, but it's an option. I started getting a lot of spam for some reason on my new number, and had to block texts from the internet to get it to stop. :(

//Edit: just read the "Other than signing up on verizon" part. So I guess disregard if that what you meant. ><

5. bostoniansurvivor

bostoniansurvivor Well-Known Member

Depending on where the sms are originating sometimes if you simply respond with the text "cancel" it will trigger their automatic system to remove you from their list