How to stop vibration when battery is finished charging?

1. MonkeyManiac2010

MonkeyManiac2010 Well-Known Member

I keep my phone near my head on my bed, since I use it as an alarm clock. Unfortunately the Vibrant is vibrating at the end of the charge cycle, which is distracting when I'm trying to fall asleep!

I can't find a setting to turn this off. I have haptic feedback turned off. I keep the phone in vibrate mode (ringer volume = vibrate).

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. yummytyson

yummytyson Well-Known Member

before you sleep, drain your battery enough so it won't be finished charging within the 10-15 minutes it takes you to fall asleep.
  3. MonkeyManiac2010

That sounds like something Steve Jobs would say. ;-) I'd like my phone to adapt to me, rather than the other way around.
    the1who likes this.
  4. jree

jree Well-Known Member

Sounds like a faulty phone. My phone doesn't keep vibrating when its done charging
  5. jree

jree Well-Known Member

hahahahaha!!!!!
  6. MonkeyManiac2010

It's just one, brief vibration. Not a continuous one. But it's enough to jolt me out of a light sleep.
  7. yummytyson

yummytyson Well-Known Member

Really? It happens to me. I don't keep my phone on vibrate though so it makes a sound and has a pop up saying the battery is full and to unplug the charger.
  8. jree

jree Well-Known Member

OIC!!! I thought it just kept on vibrating. Carry on:eek:
  9. jree

jree Well-Known Member

Maybe you should try placing it on a little towel before you go to bed cause I checked all the setting and couldn't find how to turn it off
  10. Ogmodon

Ogmodon Member

That pop up sucks the light from it is bright enough that it wakes me. I put my phone on silent after the first night when the vibration woke me.
  11. VegasTouch

VegasTouch Well-Known Member

Mine either
  12. MonkeyManiac2010

Follow up: I think setting the phone to Silent mode is a workaround for the problem.
  13. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

But won't that silence the alarm as well?
  14. MonkeyManiac2010

PolishDude is right. My alarm still went off this morning on Silent mode.
  15. MaxPowers

MaxPowers Well-Known Member

What if someone tries to call you
  16. MonkeyManiac2010

Then they'll get my voicemail. I don't wanna receive phone calls when I'm sleeping. Actually I don't like phone calls in general. I mostly use my "phone" as a mini-computer rather than for phone calls.
  17. rooster

rooster Member

this is driving me crazy. a perfect phone.

does the same shit to me. silent mode is on, but when the battery is full, i get that fraking vibrate and the screen lights up.

hard to believe i can't charge my phone overnight .....is there really no way to turn this off?

did silent mode fix it for everyone
  18. Silvone

Silvone New Member

Silent mode didn't fix it for me.
    Very annoying 'Feature'
  19. rooster

rooster Member

yup. nothing fixes it. i'm stucked between not charging at night (which sucks in the morning when the phone is lost charge) or charging it in another room (and not having my phone by me).

this is REALLY DUMB SAMSUNG. seriously.

i've never called any company to complain but this might be my first.

one line of code should solve this: "IS PHONE IN SILLENT MODE? YES, DON"T BING THE USER THE PHONE IS NOW FULLY CHARGED!"

i'd write the code for them for free
  20. Robinelli

Robinelli Well-Known Member

Seriously, has anyone tried turning the phone over on its face to charge? Mine does NOT vibrate at full charge if it is on its face. Just sayin'!
  21. the1who

the1who Well-Known Member

I use a microfiber towel, small and it absorbs the vibration.
  22. mavictb

mavictb Well-Known Member

I sleep with my phone on the bed aswell just to the right of my head. I charge overnight and set my phone to silent... the popup pops up but not untill I unlock the phone in the morning. And yes I also use it as an alarm and it does still go off despite the silent mode.

good point robinelli... I also keep mine face down
    Robinelli likes this.
  23. pcskibum

pcskibum New Member

Is it true that the phone won't vibrate when face down? My Samsung Intercept also vibrates at night when the battery is fully charged - a stupid notification that apparently can't be disabled. It's not on the pillow or bed, but still loud enough to wake me. Is there an app to disable notifications like that?
  24. MonkeyManiac2010

Mine vibrates no matter what its orientation.

I've taken to charging the phone at my desk at home before placing it on my bed for the night. And then obviously it won't be at 100%, so I'll charge it again at work. :)