• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to stop vibration while using Dialpad

spinz78

Aug 26, 2010
I have unlocked HTC Desire updated to froyo. The problem is when i used the dialpad to call, the phone vibrates. I have switched off the vibrate in text settings and also un-checked the haptic feedback but still it vibrates. Is there any method of switching it off or not?

Thanks for the dial tone tip,,got it.

The vibrate is a big battery drain, and still interested about removing or turning off during dialing. I use the phone occasionally at/for work, so every erg of energy helps.

I asked the salesman about a bigger battery during the purchase, and he was stunned. Some folks use more battery then others.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Yea I guess your right about the battery, thats why ive turned off vibrate on text input in general, but honestly how much do you use the dialler in comparison to say the browser and texting etc?

If it did affect the battery usage it would be absolutely minimal due to frequency of use, that being said it is a bit odd that there isn't an option to switch it on/off like the dial tones..

Upvote 0
Hopefully there will be a App(?) that will be released to turn that vibrate off.

If you think about it,, every time that micro motor buzzes, it eats a small portion of juice, a small amount,,but still, they add up.

I am sure other programs eat more than the buzzer,but I dont need the thing vibrating in my hands when I dial.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones