[How-To] Stream Netflix to your LG Ally [UPDATED 9/9]Support

Last Updated: 2011-12-02 20:58:17
  1. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Well-Known Member

I'd thought I would do this just to help our Ally community :)
    • Root MAY be needed

Things needed:
    • Netflix Subscription
    • Latest Netflix App
    • LG Ally :)

1. Download the latest Netflix app from here: [APP][Updated 7/20/11 V1.3] Official Netflix - xda-developers
    -Put on the app on your SD card, and install via Astro or even ThinkFree Office
    *Note: You cannot get this through the market

2. Open Netflix and sign in. Congrats, you can stream movies and TV shows and etc. to your phone in 100% color and clarity :D

***Note, if you get a black screen or force close, you need to do this: http://androidforums.com/ally-all-things-root/383212-apps-broken-velocity-1-1-try.html

UPDATE: Netflix now in market for all 2.2 and 2.3 devices. I am thinking all the streaming issues are solved.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.netflix.mediaclient

Advertisement
    biggiesmalls657 likes this.
  2. swc2001

swc2001 Well-Known Member

So how did you resolve the Audio to video Lag problem?? :(
  3. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Well-Known Member

Haven't had that issue? :confused: I will look into it though :)

EDIT: Ahh, I see now, it does lag :(

EDIT 2: After looking around, it turns out its the actual Netflix app, so I think if we just wait for it to be updated, it will work :)
  4. swc2001

swc2001 Well-Known Member

5. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Well-Known Member

swc2001 likes this.
  6. Ally Cat

Ally Cat Active Member

I installed the netflix app a few weeks ago and couldn't get anything but a black screen. When I was experiencing the Market app problems that others are encountering, I noticed that after I cleared cache & dalvik cache and flashed the signed_appfix1.1 zip that the netflix app now worked, the first time it started it saisd there was a newer version to update to. I have not updated yet, has anyone else updated and had success?
  7. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Well-Known Member

I would only get the update from XDA, if I were you.
  8. Hibikisan

Hibikisan Active Member

Do i need to d/l it by computer then put it on my sd card? I tried to d/l it with the link you provided but it keeps saying unsuccessful download. Phone not supported.

Velocity v1.1
    LancherPro
  9. Ii12yanII

Ii12yanII Member

i installed using astro and it keeps force closing. need help

velocity v1.1
  10. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Well-Known Member

Check my first post about force closing.
  11. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Well-Known Member

12. savvyl33189

savvyl33189 New Member

I've been looking through the comments on the Android Market and I've noticed that a lot of other phones have been having lag problems too. I am posting this in hopes that Netflix will do something to improve this app. It is a great idea that I know I will use all the time. From waiting to a time filler Netflix works perfect on my Wii but it would be even better on something more portable like my Ally. PLEASE NETFLIX FIX!!!!
  13. JCDenton771

JCDenton771 Active Member

I completely agree with you. It has been almost a month since their last update to the app and it has horrible video lag issues. The audio plays fine but the video is always a good minute behind regardless of my connection. NETFLIX PLEASE FIX THIS!!!