how to switch from gb back to stock 2.2.1Support

1. cleatus2880

cleatus2880 New Member

Ok me and my wife both updated to gb 2.3.3 and we have hardly no service now plus we have a lot of problems out of the phones now and I need to know how to get back to stock seeing as now a factory reboot still does to 2.3.3. Please help us. Thank you in advance

Advertisement
    :
  2. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Well-Known Member

Hate to tell you but I think you are stuck with it unless you want to root the phones and flash a rom.

I think someone else mentioned they did a warranty exchange to get an inspire with froyo on it cause they didn't like the update and couldn't find a way to roll it back and att said there was no way to go back to 2.2. But maybe someone has figured out another option?
  3. DanielRicany

DanielRicany Well-Known Member

Go to HTC Mobile Phone Support - HTC Inspire? 4G - Downloads and download the stock 2.2.1 RUU file. Make sure you have a Windows computer. Plug the phone into the computer using the original USB cable. Run the stock RUU application and follow the on screen instructions. Do not touch the phone during the process. Note that this will wipe all your data on the phone except the SD Card. If you can't get this to work you can download the stock ROM which if it is the correct, signed ROM, will flash on boot without problems. It's called PD98IMG.zip. Place it in the main directory of the SD Card. Then boot into the bootloader by holding volume down + and power briefly. If you would like to use the second approach please send me a private message.
    cleatus2880 likes this.
  4. psupernak

psupernak Member

Is it possible to get. A new inspire.from HTC under warranty if you don't like the gingerbread update? I don't see them taking that as an acceptable reason? My one is still less than 12 months old and i just did the gingerbread update and it has killed my.hotspot function... Which is free in australia :(
  5. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Well-Known Member

I think the exchange would have to be done through att. Can't hurt to ask htc. 1-888-716-3594

I believe it wouldn't really be a good reason for exchange but something like random shutdowns (someone reported their inspire shutdown after the update and wouldn't turn back on) and i have read others complaining about the keys on the phone not working.