How to switch off messaging client?

Last Updated:

1. makfi78

makfi78 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I had a battery issue with htc mail widget so i use an advice and installed handscent,removed htc widget from screen and started to use handscent.
    After that it gets worse..
    My battery couldnt last longer than 3/4 day so i was forced to charge it every day.
    Removing handscent helped a lot and now after 30 hrs i still have 42% battery charge with gps,online and wifi switched on.
    Seems like both message clients worked the same time.
    Is there any way to completly remove/switch off htc message client?
    I like handscent much better but dont want to charge my phone every day...

Advertisement
  2. itsmoirob

itsmoirob Well-Known Member

No way to switch off the HTC message widget completely. You can stop notifications but thats about it.

I think have GPS and wifi on all the time will be sucking most of your battery life though.

3. jimeller

jimeller Well-Known Member

There is an app called autostarts which allows you to disable the stock messages from start up and also for when a text is received, plus others I think. It's a paid app and for rooted users only I might add!!

It works though.

4. Quazar

Quazar Well-Known Member

Why would having GPS on suck battery life? It will only suck battery life if your using the GPS, which is only when you open an app that uses GPS. Otherwise GPS is automatically off.
    Wifi sucks battery life badly though!

5. qdigga

qdigga Member

If I remember correctly, the GPS constantly broadcasts, even when not using apps specific to it. I turned my GPS and got noticably longer battery life... Did it just as a test... I like having GPS on...

6. makfi78

makfi78 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Problem solved.
    removing handscent and htc mail/messages widgets seems to help,i just have an icon on top screen but hardly using it becouse of notifications bar ;)
    49 hrs on one charge with gps on. i must say that im using from today Task Panel (known reason) and Y5 Battery Saver from market,this app is switching off wifi automaticly when youre leaving your wifi hot spot and switching back on when youre coming back to known hot spot,so you dont have to do this every time ;)