Support How to switch Wallpaper off??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Chazbald, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Chazbald

Chazbald Member

Aug 22, 2013
    I'm trying to get the most out of the battery and removing bloatware.

Can I switch wallpaper off? So that I get a black background which hopefully will save a little power and get the battery to last a little longer.

Alternatively I guess I'll upload a black pic. and load that as my wallpaper.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Male
    UK
    Create a black .jpg file and set the wallpaper to that.

Chazbald likes this.
  3. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Well-Known Member

If I may ask, is your battery life that bad that you need to do that? Between videos, surfing, and GPS I still get 16 hours of battery life minimum.

4. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2010
    Male
    Seattle
    Not that your screen is on that much on the home screen, but I wonder if it could make a difference in heat?

5. Chazbald

Chazbald Member

Aug 22, 2013
    No, no actual problems with battery life. It's a new phone, so I'm loading and playing with apps at the moment.

I like to keep it simple as less goes wrong then. So getting rid of what's not needed.

Thanks, black.jpg works and looks good too.
    Cheers, Chaz.

6. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2011
    Male
    Yorkshire
    Is there any evidence that removing so called bloatware actually does extend battery life to any measurable extent?

Unless software is turning on power sapping hardware, I see no reason to believe that having Samsung bloatware on the phone actually makes any material difference.

Also, rather than worrying about numerous configuration changes, have you considered just carrying a spare battery around with you? I have done it for three years with my S2 and now S4 and it's a solution that has worked very well for me. I no longer have to worry about battery life at all.

Chazbald likes this.
  7. shmn

shmn Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Marine Diesel Mech
    WA State
    I agree. I'm the same way. I turn off anything I don't use and keep things as simple and functional as possible. If it serves no useful purpose...get rid of it!

I've been using a dark wallpaper, but I think I may switch to the all black idea...even simpler! Thanks for the simple, elegant idea.

And I carry a spare battery too. Can never be too prepared.

Chazbald likes this.
  8. Chazbald

Chazbald Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Hi Lotus, shame about Raikonen on Sunday,

Getting rid of bloatware gives a little more space for useful stuff.

I had thought of carrying one of those portable rechargers, but a spare battery is a much lighter option. Thanks, I'll take a look in Ebay.
    Cheers, Chaz.