How to switch Wallpaper off??Support

1. Chazbald

Chazbald Member

I'm trying to get the most out of the battery and removing bloatware.

Can I switch wallpaper off? So that I get a black background which hopefully will save a little power and get the battery to last a little longer.

Alternatively I guess I'll upload a black pic. and load that as my wallpaper.

Thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Create a black .jpg file and set the wallpaper to that.
    Chazbald likes this.
  3. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Well-Known Member

If I may ask, is your battery life that bad that you need to do that? Between videos, surfing, and GPS I still get 16 hours of battery life minimum.
  4. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

Not that your screen is on that much on the home screen, but I wonder if it could make a difference in heat?
  5. Chazbald

Chazbald Member

No, no actual problems with battery life. It's a new phone, so I'm loading and playing with apps at the moment.

I like to keep it simple as less goes wrong then. So getting rid of what's not needed.

Thanks, black.jpg works and looks good too.
    Cheers, Chaz.
  6. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

Is there any evidence that removing so called bloatware actually does extend battery life to any measurable extent?

Unless software is turning on power sapping hardware, I see no reason to believe that having Samsung bloatware on the phone actually makes any material difference.

Also, rather than worrying about numerous configuration changes, have you considered just carrying a spare battery around with you? I have done it for three years with my S2 and now S4 and it's a solution that has worked very well for me. I no longer have to worry about battery life at all.
    Chazbald likes this.
  7. shmn

shmn Well-Known Member

I agree. I'm the same way. I turn off anything I don't use and keep things as simple and functional as possible. If it serves no useful purpose...get rid of it!

I've been using a dark wallpaper, but I think I may switch to the all black idea...even simpler! Thanks for the simple, elegant idea.

And I carry a spare battery too. Can never be too prepared.
    Chazbald likes this.
  8. Chazbald

Chazbald Member

Hi Lotus, shame about Raikonen on Sunday,

Getting rid of bloatware gives a little more space for useful stuff.

I had thought of carrying one of those portable rechargers, but a spare battery is a much lighter option. Thanks, I'll take a look in Ebay.
    Cheers, Chaz.