How to sync calendar on phone with google calendar

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by egrl144, Nov 26, 2011.

1. egrl144

egrl144 New Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Hello again,
    I am having trouble synching my phone to my google calendar. I have a sumsung galaxy sII on ATT. I am able to get events from my google calendar online onto my phone. However, when I add events straight to my phone, they do not show up on my google calendar online. Any advice for this?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. JimSmith94

JimSmith94 Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    Irving, TX USA
    Your phone has two calendars. Make sure you add events on your phone to the Google calendar, not to the phone calendar.

3. Dieselbud

Dieselbud Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Female
    Alberta, Canada
    I had the same problem and finally I figured out what the above poster said.

Do not add events to 'my calendar' but make sure you are adding them to your google calendar. I was not able to set the google calendar as a default and a lot of times I forgot to change it and ended up missing stuff. I even unchecked 'my calendar' but every time I went to add an event it default back to it and it got really annoying.

I finally downloaded the free Jorte calendar app and quit using the stock calendar app and now I never have to worry about forgetting to change back to my google calendar.