How to Sync Droid with PicasaSupport

1. joshteran

joshteran Member

Is there a way to set up the droid to automatically sync with all of the pictures from your picasa web albums? There's a lot of pictures that I have on picasa that I would like to have on my phone.

Advertisement
    :
  2. VeryApe

VeryApe Well-Known Member

I constantly upload from my Droid to Picasa, but I haven't tried it the other way. It may be easiest just to download everything to your PC then copy it to the SD card.
  3. CyBuzz

CyBuzz Member

it would be nice if we could sync folders with picasa like contacts, calendar and email sync since it is all part of my google account.
  4. magnus

magnus Well-Known Member

Yeah.....I don't think there's any way of 'syncing' pictures.

But with the Verizon network, does it matter where it is physically stored as long as you can access it when you need it?
  5. magnus

magnus Well-Known Member

Also remember that 'syncing' pictures could take huge amounts of bandwidth for the carrier...so its highly unlikely that such a feature would ever be implemented.
  6. Eugene

Eugene Well-Known Member

I read someplace that the picassa web app will only allow displaying for 30 folders, I was going to pay for upgraded storage until I read that, can;t get anyone on the google support forum to confirm
  7. magnus

magnus Well-Known Member

I can confirm that the picasa mobile website will only display the first 100 pics...but I don't know about the app or lots of folders
  8. Roroco

Roroco Well-Known Member

2.1 automatically syncs Picasa with your Gallery... :D
  9. Eugene

Eugene Well-Known Member

I was hoping I could put the most recent on the phone then use the mobile web site for the rest, but I don't think a 100 picture limit will work for my 23,000 pictures.
  10. d1pham

d1pham Well-Known Member

So will the 2.1 gallery hack as well.
  11. magnus

magnus Well-Known Member

WHAT?

I have the 2.1 gallery.....but I don't have any of My Picasa pics. What am I doing wrong?
  12. Marsha12151

Marsha12151 Member

Not sure if this helps....

I use Just Pictures! from the market. It links to my flickr site
    (also does Picasa). It is fast and looks just like the pictures are on my phone. I am running on Droid 2.1 and it is fine.
  13. magnus

magnus Well-Known Member

Thanks Marsha.....

I'll check out Just Pictures!.....but I'm stumped as to why I don't seem to have Picasa on my 2.1 gallery. I'd really like to get it figured out. An uninstall/reinstall seems to have done nothing.

I can't seem to find any options to point it to my picasa account as well...

Any ideas?
  14. Roroco

Roroco Well-Known Member

It did not give me the option to sync Picasa with just the 2.1 Gallery. On 2.1 it have me the option to sync picasa on the gmail setup screen.
  15. magnus

magnus Well-Known Member

Roroco........Do you have Android 2.1 installed (rooted and installed)...or do you just have 2.0.1 with the 2.1 gallery app?

I have 2.0.1 with the 2.1 gallery app

Can someone confirm that the 2.1 gallery app on 2.0.1 will sync Picasa?
    Thanks!!!
  16. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

How are you uploading from the Droid to Picasa? I can't seem to get the full web app on my phone, it only gives me the mobile version which doesn't have an upload option - at least I couldn't find it.

EDIT: Nevermind. I'm an idiot. Apparently you can just "share" from the gallery. Should've checked that a long time ago.
  17. magnus

magnus Well-Known Member

Found it!!!

Thanks Roroco!! This option is there in 2.0.1 as well. Settings -> Accounts and Sync -> Gmail

I have my picasa pics in Gallery!!!!
    Thank you!
  18. dja1980

dja1980 Well-Known Member

As just an FYI, I don't think the Picasa Sync with 2.1 works if your primary Gmail account is Google Apps (GAFYD)... it's not working for me anyway.
  19. mihalich

mihalich Well-Known Member

I don't have this option on 2.0.1. On my Accounts & Sync gmail account setup page, I only have Contacts, Calendar, and Gmail.

Am I missing something? Do I have to do something on the Picasa server side? Or does the 2.1 Gallery App add this to the gmail sync page?

Joe
  20. geekabilly

geekabilly Active Member

Yes, the 2.1 Gallery App add this to the gmail sync page in 2.0.1
  21. mtbhk44

mtbhk44 Well-Known Member

WOW - I didnt even know this was possible. I love this forum - thanks guys
  22. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

How do you add it to the sync list...i only see contacts, gmail and calendar. there's only an option to remove accounts.
  23. Canefan

Canefan Active Member

I am running 2.1 and the Gallery syncs to my Picasa web albums seamlessly. I believe (but may be wrong) that if you are running the 2.1 Gallery app on a 2.0.1 build that the Picasa sync isn't there.

Honestly, I don't know why everyone is expending so much energy to install the 2.1 apps on 2.0.1. Just run 2.1. It is very stable and fast with only a couple of very minor bugs. When the official 2.1 release comes out (which no one knows for sure when that will be), simply revert back to 2.0.1 and install the official release.
  24. bigbee

bigbee Well-Known Member

Can someone specifically point to where they are able to select Picasa sync in the Settings menu?
  25. magnus

magnus Well-Known Member

Hmmm....I don't know how to add it to the sync list.

I would go to one of your gallery photos and try sharing it and seeing Picasa is one of the options......Try uploading first. If it knows your Picasa account.....it might ask you for credentials...

When I did this.....It asked me where I wanted to upload and I saw that while I wasn't 'syncing' with Picasa yet, it presented me with all my Picasa folders so I could choose where I wanted it to upload.

I would also uninstall.......switch off and reinstall Gallery 2.0 and then see if sync with Picasa shows up in settings

Besides that....I'm not sure what to tell you..

But I do feel like the 2.1 app added the 'sync with Picasa' to my settings because I did not have that before. I'm on the 2.0.1 OS