How to sync Exchange calendar with Google Calendar?Support

Last Updated:

1. KatherineE1959

KatherineE1959 New Member This Topic's Starter

I have an HTC Evo with Android 2.2, Software #3.29.651.5, Kernel 2.6.32.15-ge2fb08e.

I have a gmail account setup in K9 mail and am using the mail app to connect to and sync with my companies Exchange server. I have mail, contacts, and calendars setup to sync for all accounts.

On my Android calendar app I see both the gmail and exchange calendar items, and in google contacts I see both gmail and exchange contacts. But the calendar events are not syncing with google calendar.

I've tried deleting and recreating the exchange account with no luck. Can someone tell me if there's a trick to doing this?

Thanks,
    Katherine

Advertisement
  2. Wadester

Wadester Well-Known Member

Hi, Katherine!

I don't think syncing Exchange objects with Gmail is possible. I believe you're seeing them together because the app is configured to show items from both sources.

In order to sync your Exchange stuff with Gmail, you'd need a smart client capable of doing so between both servers but I don't think one exists.

KatherineE1959 likes this.
  3. kjmonty

kjmonty New Member

Hello Katherine,

I am having the same issue. One way to do what you want to is to install Google Calendar Sync on your work machine. (providing that your company allows this. Mine does not so I am out of luck) Here is the link to the Google Calendar Sync: Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help

Good luck!!
    Ken