How to sync exchange contacts with Google contactsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. stanfna

stanfna Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 16, 2010
    My set up...

I have contacts from both my exchange account at work and my google account sync to my phone. the two list are literally the same. when i was going from my blackberry to the Incredible, I exported my contacts from outlook and imported them into my google account.

My question...
    I know i can link the contacts so that i don't see duplicates in my address book on the phone. OR i could simply remove one of them from my view. So that brings me to my there a way to have any changes to a contact sync to between both exchange and google?

For example....
    I update some information on a contact on my work PC in outlook. yes the update will be reflected on my phone via activesync...but it is my understanding that the change will not be synced to the contact in my google account.

my concern is that over time the two address books will become very different and it could be tough to consolidate everything back to one solid list if i was to ever switch jobs or my company removes access to activesync.

I guess the easy answer is to only make changes to contacts in my google account....but then those updates will not be on my work PC in outlook.

If i use HTC sync, I will have three copies of my contacts on my phone. i could link them all so that i only see them once. and then every once in a while i could sync and update everything. would this work? if i was to use HTC sync...would changes in both exchange and google get reflected in each other? or would things get out of control! ha ha

i would really prefer a wireless real time solution as opposed to having to plug in and sync.

i am open to any suggestions.

thanks in advance!!!