• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How To: Sync iTunes with Android

If you unmount the SD card, and make a folder on the SD card called Music, You should just be able to drag the music straight from itunes with album art and everything. Or to make things easier make a playlist in itunes with all the music you want and drag and drop the entire playlist. Works for my evo and fascinate and the media player automatically picks it up.
Now does anyone know a media player for android that will sync playlists from itunes. I have a lot of music and a lot of playlists and its a pain trying to recreate all those playlists on the phone.
Thanks.

Upvote 0
This is how I do this with my Galaxy S. Super easy and probably will work with other devices but I have not tried.

You can do this without installing any special apps.

Mount your phone using "Mass Storage"
Open Library (assuming you are using Win7).
Open your Music library and select Itunes
Go to Itunes Media then select music (this is the file where your Itunes songs are)
right click on the file and select "Send to"
then select your device from the list it opens.

No worries. This option is as easy as mounting your phone as a music player and using WMP to put the files on your phone BUT the big difference is that this will also send the cover art from the album.

Reactions: nthego
Upvote 0
Bruce are you having a problem with Itunes media wasting your phone memory? I hate it on my PC because it is a memory hog. Haven't had any problems with playing them on the phone though.

You can use the same drag and drop option for other media files. Just choose the file where your song is stored instead of selecting Itunes.

Upvote 0
I have a Mac and cannot seem to get the music files on my phone for the life of me. I have downloaded the program and I tried to sync but maybe its not the right format...?...Maybe a different folder...? I am Android illiterate...but all my music is itunes.... anyone???? I grew a third arm now that I have a Droid...can't put it down but I miss my music! arggg :eek:

Upvote 0
Hi people,

I'm already using iTunes agent, and it works great, but only one way!! So I want to have ratings and play count synced both ways so that my galaxy s2 will be really like an iPod.
I'm considering these apps, but some say it worked some say not. What'S your opinion?
iSyncr + Player Pro (very expensive combination!)
Doubletwist airsync
Tunesync

Upvote 0
Ok followed the sync process no problem. Can see all the music on my device within itunes, cover artwork artist etc. On my Galaxy S2 the music files are there and play fine, but no artist listed and no cover art. Tracks listed ok though, any ideas?

+ is there a prefferred media player to be playing them with have double twist (free) and standard music player and both same issue?

Upvote 0
Hi people,

I'm already using iTunes agent, and it works great, but only one way!! So I want to have ratings and play count synced both ways so that my galaxy s2 will be really like an iPod.
I'm considering these apps, but some say it worked some say not. What'S your opinion?
iSyncr + Player Pro (very expensive combination!)
Doubletwist airsync
Tunesync

I used I sync and it worked great on the atrix. It will also sync your playlists which is nice

Upvote 0
I was confused at first until I played around some.

I'll try to explain.

Under Play Lists (in iTunes) it makes a folder called, "My Devices" and then under that it makes a Play List called ... whatever. In my case it made a Play List called, "Android" (see image below)

itunesa.jpg

Now in order to sync music or podcasts etc. you MUST copy them into that Play List (in my case the one called "Android") for it is only stuff in THAT singular Play List that will sync.

A word to the wise. If you want albums to stay together, especially albums with 'Various Artsits' then I suggest the following "trick" which worked for me.

Click on the album cover in iTunes (do this before you add it to the Play List). Sorry when I say click on it I mean do a 'right click' which brings up a menu. On that menu select the option called, "Get Info"

Oh I guess now is a good time to say I'm using Windows (not Mac) and I use Grid view (Albums) which shows a thumbnail of each album.

So OK we click on "Get Info" and this brings up a dialog window. The window looks like this:

itunesb.jpg

The default is that everything on this screen is set to "No" and there are no checkmarks. So basically you want to change it as I have here. By doing this you ensure that the album stays "together" and is in a single folder (once it gets to your Android). Even if you put multiple albums on this one Play List, each will be in it's own folder and therefore "together" once it gets to the Android.

But there is one last thing you need to do to make sure this all works (and and after you make the change above make sure you click that OK in the lower right hand corner).

The last thing you need to have set "just right" is the setting in iTunes Agent called, "Synchronize Pattern"

Make sure that is set to "iTunes" and not one of the other two choices.

Do all this and everything will copy to your Android in a fashion that makes sense. Otherwise it kinda splits stuff up into Artist folders and it can get real ugly. Makes it impossible to play an album back that way.

Hope this helps.
I love sountrack albums and have looked around unsuccessfully for a way to get them to stay in one list -- thank you for this tip!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones