• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to sync Jorte with Outlook >>> PLEASE HELP

Darkiedroid

Jan 30, 2015
Hi everyone,

So I am using Jorte on my android device, and I use Outlook on my computer. I love and need both.

I am not very app literate, but i need to be able to sync my Outlook data to my Jorte phone and vice versa.

I do have phone explorer...

Any suggestions?

It is cumbersome to have certain calender appointments on my Outlook and some on my Jorte .

Please help,

DD.

I'm assuming here that Jorte just uses the stock android calendar storage? i.e. it's a fancy interface to the Google calendar. If so, then use MyPhoneExplorer - app on the phone and client on the pc. Can sync via cable, wifi or bluetooth. Just turn off sync with Google beforehand or you'll get into trouble ... :)

I use MPE between my PC (xp pro + office 2010) and Galaxy S4 (Android 5.0.1) via wifi. Works a treat.

Dave

Upvote 0
I'm assuming here that Jorte just uses the stock android calendar storage? i.e. it's a fancy interface to the Google calendar. If so, then use MyPhoneExplorer - app on the phone and client on the pc. Can sync via cable, wifi or bluetooth. Just turn off sync with Google beforehand or you'll get into trouble ... :)

I use MPE between my PC (xp pro + office 2010) and Galaxy S4 (Android 5.0.1) via wifi. Works a treat.

Dave

Hello Dave,

Thank You for your response.

I am not sure if it uses the stock calender storage or not.

How do you sync via wifi? care to explain?

So you are saying I should 1. sync to MPE, then 2. sync to Outlook?

I feel like I am in a Finite Math lecture, so confused. o_O

Further explain,

DD.

Upvote 0
You can use MPE on your PC as a standalone contacts/calendar program and sync just that to Android if you like but it also lets you sync Outlook and Thunderbird to Android as well. That's what i do and it and MPE just acts as a "conduit" in this case; you just pick what you want to be sync'd from Outlook and in what direction.

A couple of pointers for MPE: on the PC go into File > Settings > Sync - then choose the Outlook contacts/calendar options you want.

On the phone: Settings > Calendars to sync/Contact-accounts to sync

wifi - MPE on the pc can work over wifi, cable or BT. Just choose the option you want. Also go over to the MPE forums at ... http://www.fjsoft.at/forum/viewforum.php?f=6 ... and 'search' about there for specific answers to questions. Oh, and when installling on your PC be extra careful as users have reported that the installer also installs 'malware'. There are, apparently as I've never had a problem in 4 years of using it, some opt-out screens which are not obvious.

That should get you started.

Dave

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
You can use MPE on your PC as a standalone contacts/calendar program and sync just that to Android if you like but it also lets you sync Outlook and Thunderbird to Android as well. That's what i do and it and MPE just acts as a "conduit" in this case; you just pick what you want to be sync'd from Outlook and in what direction.

A couple of pointers for MPE: on the PC go into File > Settings > Sync - then choose the Outlook contacts/calendar options you want.

On the phone: Settings > Calendars to sync/Contact-accounts to sync

wifi - MPE on the pc can work over wifi, cable or BT. Just choose the option you want. Also go over to the MPE forums at ... http://www.fjsoft.at/forum/viewforum.php?f=6 ... and 'search' about there for specific answers to questions. Oh, and when installling on your PC be extra careful as users have reported that the installer also installs 'malware'. There are, apparently as I've never had a problem in 4 years of using it, some opt-out screens which are not obvious.

That should get you started.

Dave

Thank You for the replay Dave.

I am wondering if this would work if I was using Outlook 2003?

Thanks, still trying to figure this out.

DD.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones