How to sync new facebook / twitter contactsSupport

Last Updated:

1. t-o-double-d

t-o-double-d New Member This Topic's Starter

Good evening, first post here.

Ok, so I successfully added my facebook and twitter account using the motorola versions. I can't seem to figure out how to sync new contacts added AFTER I already synched the initial time. Does anyone know how to get newly added contacts sent to the phone? Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. t-o-double-d

bump, anyone find a solution to this?

3. blink

blink Well-Known Member

Go to the contact, hit the menu button, then "Link", and search for the corresponding account you want to sync.

4. t-o-double-d

Thanks, also when I added a new follower on twitter.com it did eventually sync to my phone's contact list automatically.

5. sjschwar

sjschwar New Member

A little off topic, but how do i override my linked contacts name. For some people it puts their facebook name, for some people it puts their twitter name. I dont get it

6. dudukike

dudukike New Member

The "Link" option is for contacts already on the phone. Contacts that were synced the very first time. Now if I either add a new facebook friend or follow someone new in twitter that new contact is not synced with my phone!

When I go to Accounts and Sync both accounts are active and syncing but my new friend do not appear on my phone contacts.

Has anybody found a solution for that?

7. bigape

bigape Member

I would also like to know if there's any way to do this (without having to reinstall the facebook app).

8. dudukike

dudukike New Member

Ok! So the Integrated facebook/twitter function on the Accounts and Sync does not add new contacts automatically but does have them in storage. When you open your Contacts on your phone hit the menu button then "get friends" it shows your Social Network Accounts. Hit the one were you have new friends and you will see a list of the new friends you have added since the original sync. Select the ones you want and you will have your new facebook/twitter or other SNS contacs on your phone.

No need to install or reinstall any app.