• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to sync only my Contacts from Gmail?

D

Deleted User

Hi all...

I have noticed that my phone syncs all the contacts that i have on gmail, that is every person that i have sent a email and my contacts. I just want to have my contacts synced there, not more than that ( besides twitter/fb which syncs ok).

How do i do that?

thanks for ur time

Just put all your contacts into "My Contacts" in Google and delete the others, thats what I did, and I don't get new entries via sync for every new email address I reply to.

EDIT: Actually looking at it you can probably just move your desired contacts to My Contacts in Google Contacts and that will likely suffice, I have all the randoms email addresses etc in the "Other Contacts" section.

Upvote 0
it's not something wrong here and it's actually working the way it's supposed to. that is 2-way syncing your contacts with Gmail contacts. I'd suggest that you clean up the contacts from within Gmail first then goto Contacts app's Menu and select Display Options and check the "only contacts with phones" checkbox to ignore the email only contacts you're having in Gmail.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones