How to take a screen shot with your Epic Touch (rooted and stock)Tips

Last Updated: 2011-12-11 22:50:56
  1. qbking77

qbking77 Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    nwanick likes this.
  2. paynekiller

paynekiller Active Member

Cool, I knew this before but good tutorial video, many people out there may have this phone and still don't know about it. Now if only it could do screen recording stock...
  3. fjumayao

fjumayao Active Member

wish there was a feature like Shootme that you could do a screen shot by shaking the phone! :eek:
  4. Lisar34

Lisar34 New Member

Every time I push the power and home button it either turns my screen off or pulls up the task manager...what am I doing wrong?
  5. jamesdean

jamesdean Well-Known Member

You may be holding them too long and not at the same time.

Try tapping them simultaneously and immediately releasing and see if that works.
  6. WaSTeLaNd

WaSTeLaNd Well-Known Member

thats awsome your able to do it with this phone but holding down the power button and home button thats just dumb. it either works, trys shutting the phone off or takes me back to the home screen or i get the screen shot with the power control in the picture good feature just wrongly incorporated in the phone
  7. blitz118

blitz118 Well-Known Member

You have push them at the same time. It always works for me.
  8. mrcminnesota

mrcminnesota Active Member

It can be tricky but with enough practice it does work. Just have to hit "both" at the same time. I know it takes me several tries sometimes.
  9. Sierra255

Sierra255 Well-Known Member

Yep, it does work. Takes a couple tries the first time. It's a lot quicker than you'd expect. For those having problems, the key is to quickly tap and release the power and home buttons simultaneously. It doesn't work if you hold down one and hit the other. When you see the screen flash, you know it worked.
  10. Ryno79

Ryno79 Active Member

Thanks, didn't know how to do this.
  11. nerys

nerys Well-Known Member

you do not have to push them at the same time just reasonable close (if you have too large a delay task manager will pop up) and hit home FIRST to avoid it turning off on you.

you don't have to hold either release them immediately and it takes the screenie.
    nhanimator likes this.
  12. dougleppard

dougleppard Well-Known Member

Works great!!!! Thanks.