How to take a screenshot?General

1. sx4dude2013

sx4dude2013 Well-Known Member

How do I do it with or without the pen?

Advertisement
  2. Veritas4420

Veritas4420 Well-Known Member

Without Spen- hold home and the power button. Also you can swipe across the screen with your palm.

With Spen. Press the button on the side of the pen and press and hold down on the screen.
    cdf3, GrandMasterB and sx4dude2013 like this.
  3. CoreyV

CoreyV Well-Known Member

Reminder that you have to set the hand swipe in the motion settings.
  4. sx4dude2013

sx4dude2013 Well-Known Member

Awesome! Thanks!!!
  5. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Really? I don't have the hand swipe (w/ side of hand) enabled, but I can still take screenshots with my s-pen.
  6. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Well-Known Member

CoreyV was referring to the hand swipe motion to take a screen shot and not the S-pen. ;)
    drexappeal likes this.
  7. donec

donec Well-Known Member

Doesn't work for me.
  8. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Well-Known Member

Works on mine. You need to press and hold both the power and home buttons together. Wait for a second or two and the border of the screen will flash with a 'copied to clipboard' message. You will also see an image icon in your notification bar.

That is unless your carrier removed that function from the Note 2.
  9. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

That's what I get for not reading carefully and being crazy tired from work. Thanks for clarifying, NeoGrandizer.

And, apologies, CoreyV!
  10. CoreyV

CoreyV Well-Known Member

Switch to the hand swipe. So much easier than timing the buttons. I always hatred that. I've used the hand swipe exclusively since getting my n2.
  11. donec

donec Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'll try that but generally don't like gestures. BTW I finally got the buttons to work I have been getting screen captures using the pen.