[How To] Take Screen ShotsTips

Last Updated:

1. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Check out Post 3 Below

The floowing is the long way; but I'm leaving it for reference

I found a very nice walkthrough of how to take screenshots of your Android device on a Windows computer here: http://www.simplehelp.net/2009/07/21/how-to-take-screenshots-of-your-android-based-phone-from-windows/

From that site:

1.Start out by downloading and installing the drivers for your Android phone (can be found in the Android SDK Step 4).

2.On your Android phone, select Settings.

3.Then select Applications -> Development -> and enable USB debugging by placing a check in the box next to it.

4.Now you

Advertisement
    hoodtrix and Spooky Electric like this.
  2. Spoonman

Spoonman Member

You can also use droid explorer to do this. The option is on the main bar on the right hand side. So if you setup adb the way that was posted earlier for loading untrusted apk's as suggested you're good to go

3. Spoonman

Spoonman Member

If you use Droid Explorer to do this its fewer steps after you get it set up.

basically you load up the explorer and look for this icon

[​IMG]

it will be on the far right hand side.

should get you this window(with your screen in it not mine;)

[​IMG]

and here is what you get

[​IMG]

so thats umm what like 2 steps? :)

Trident likes this.
  4. marvin02

marvin02 Well-Known Member

If you want a way to take a screen shot without being connected to your computer you can use the Open Home home screen replacement.

It has a setting that takes a screen shot whenever you press the camera button.

I bought the full version (don't know if the lite version takes the screen shots) and I ended up going back to the default home. It seemed slower (especially with 7 screens enabled) and just wasn't a must need thing for me.

I did not return it. I kept it to use the screen capture feature and I like the settings widget that came with it.

5. Spoonman

Spoonman Member

Nice, i didnt know that was included with that app. I've not tried any of the home replacement apps yet and prolly wont till there is a root for the phone or at least a few updates to optimize it abit.

Thanks for the info :D

6. marvin02

dxTop (another home replcaement) also allows you to take screen shots using the camera button. Here is my home screen at one half size.

[​IMG]

7. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Will this take screen shots of more then just the home screen?

8. marvin02

Good catch - works OK for home screen and the app tray. Didn't work in Opera or a solitaire I loaded. So much more limited than doing screen shots while connected to the computer. Open Home had the same limitations.