• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to take screenshots without rooting?

JLi9876

Lurker
Sep 22, 2011
I'm running my Droid X with 2.3.3 (no root), and tried this method to take screenshots with the SDK.

However, my phone doesn't show up when I open up DDMS. My drivers are up to date, and I downloaded the USB Driver package for the Android SDK. Is there something I'm missing?

I'm running my Droid X with 2.3.3 (no root), and tried this method to take screenshots with the SDK.

However, my phone doesn't show up when I open up DDMS. My drivers are up to date, and I downloaded the USB Driver package for the Android SDK. Is there something I'm missing?

Do you have to have "USB Debugging" (Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging) enabled?

Not 100% sure that is the issue, but its the first thing I'd check.

Cheers!

Upvote 0
JLi9876,

By the way, welcome to the AndroidForums (apologies for missing this when I first replied...was a pretty busy day at work, LOL ;)).

So, do you have the Motorola ADB drivers? Here's what I'm currently using:

Motorola_Mobile_Drivers_4.7.1_MotoConnect_1.1.31.exe

I can't remember exactly where I found this, but Googling shows a lot of download versions.

Also, I've seen this reference, too (referenced from this page Motorola ADB Interface.):

http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Support/Experiences/Global_Drivers/USB_Drivers_bit_4.7.1.zip

I haven't used this version, but one of the above should work.

Good luck and let us know.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones