How to tell if sms is sent

Last Updated:

1. pinn

pinn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

on my old phones i could go into message and see pretty easily if a message had failed to be sent. How is this done on the Hero as I suspect some of mine aren't being received?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. andy d

andy d Well-Known Member

You can set your phone to receive a delivery report but Orange will charge you.

3. james

james Well-Known Member

If it fails to send from your phone a notification appears in the bar and an exclamation mark icon appears next to the message sent.

4. Jazman

Jazman Active Member

Pinn, on my Hero here in SA, go to messages-settings and ensure that there is a tick next to 'Delivery reports', after that when you have sent a message, select the message that you want to check on with a long press, a new menu will pop up (Message options), click on 'View Report' and that should tell you if the recipient has received the message or not.
    Cheers
    Paul

5. pinn

pinn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah, I would have thought there would have been an undelivered notification, but I'm sure it hasn't appeared on some sms, James.

I'll pop delivery report on Jazman and andy. Andy, when you say it's charged do you mean in my inclusive minutes or on top of that?

Thanks

6. themorgs

themorgs Member

Wow, thanks for the heads up. I turned delivery reports on just for the hell of, didn't realise they were 1p each. I'm not made of money!

7. jplamb

jplamb Well-Known Member

Orange like most other networks don't like to tell you that they cost 1p, they also advise you a lot of the time to put them on for troubleshooting.

8. andy d

andy d Well-Known Member

Sorry for the late reply and others have beat me to it. :)
    But yes they charge outside your inclusive minutes.