• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to tell Moto Droid what to run automagicly

Which applications are you talking about?

If you're geeky, you might want to read: FAQ: Why You Shouldn’t Be Using a Task Killer with Android Geek For Me – Android CDMA Sprint Hero

In summary: Applications run because they need to. When they're in the background, all they do is consume memory, which Android will reclaim when it needs it by killing that application.

The only time you really need to kill an app is when it's doing something like refusing to stop the buzzer (i.e. it's badly programmed), or it's using network resources unnecessarily, and doesnt' offer you the option to turn that off (i.e. it's badly programmed). Otherwise, just let Android deal with it, and you'll find that it works a lot more smoothly.

The only way to stop an application from running automatically is to uninstall it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones