How to tell Moto Droid what to run automagiclySupport

Last Updated:

1. MinConst

MinConst Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to stop some programs from auto running? I see messaging is running seconds after I kill it along with some other unneeded (built in) apps. There should be a way to say don't run unless I want you to. But I can't find it.

Advertisement
  2. Moof

Moof Member

Which applications are you talking about?

If you're geeky, you might want to read: FAQ: Why You Shouldn’t Be Using a Task Killer with Android Geek For Me – Android CDMA Sprint Hero

In summary: Applications run because they need to. When they're in the background, all they do is consume memory, which Android will reclaim when it needs it by killing that application.

The only time you really need to kill an app is when it's doing something like refusing to stop the buzzer (i.e. it's badly programmed), or it's using network resources unnecessarily, and doesnt' offer you the option to turn that off (i.e. it's badly programmed). Otherwise, just let Android deal with it, and you'll find that it works a lot more smoothly.

The only way to stop an application from running automatically is to uninstall it.

3. Watashi

Watashi Well-Known Member

I did stop using an auto task killer (Advanced Task Killer), but I do use Advanced Task Manager and it works very well with no performance impact on my phone.