• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to tell which rom is "final"?

MicroNix

Android Enthusiast
Oct 24, 2009
With all of the .x releases of roms, how does one know which has the final Froyo code from Google for your device? My head is spinning with rom choices, but I don't want a "this is a leaked Froyo build but not the final" stuff. Does this come with a 1.x release? For instance the latest .4 build from Pete. Is this the release code of Froyo? How is that different from Kangarade 4.0.7?

Thoroughly confused.... :(

That's kinda like saying is ever gonna stop raining. There will never be a final rom. But developers do refine them to a good " STABLE" point. I am running BBv 0.4 while an awesome rom it still has things I would improve on if I knew anything about the internal android workings. Skinning it for example. And while these are all technically the same devices it seems what works well on on Droid seems to not on another. That question really bugs me but I find thru trial am error we get to a point when the Droid does everything we want and more...... for a while. Flashing Roms is very addictive, as soon as something else comes out we all gotta have it. Yeah there are some that just want barebones speed and some who want a little more. I know I didn't answer your question because I don't think there is one directly.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
I guess I should have worded a little differently. For a while I was reading article after article about new Froyo code coming out of Google just when you thought one was the final code. I didn't want to flash code that wasn't the final 2.2 code from Google. Sorry for the confusion...guess I could have worded a little differently. And is there a difference between the roms that are out now for 2.2 and when moto/verizon releases 2.2 specifically for the Droid in terms of refined code specifically for the Droid?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones