How to tether my phone to connect my xbox to xbox live through linux?Support

Last Updated: 2011-03-23 04:21:34
  1. durps

durps Well-Known Member

Well I've seen many videos on how to tether a phone's data connection to allow them to connect to xbox live. The problem is I don't know how to do the same on Linux :/, I only see tutorials on how to tether with a PC or a Mac, but none with linux, can anyone help me out?
    I'm on a rooted G2 by the way.

I will be going away to my grandma's for a week and she has NO web services and I still want to be able to get my achievements and stream netflix at night since my linux laptop can't stream netflix. Thanks for any input!

Advertisement
  2. WarBird87

WarBird87 Well-Known Member

while im not sure how to get it to work using linux... i am wondering how good it would actually be to tether the xbox... i would assume it would use up 5gbs pretty quick and then you would get throttled down and the connection would be slower than a snail and would defeat the entire purpose of tethering... that is, unless you have the tether package...
  3. durps

durps Well-Known Member

Yeah I thought about this so I'll just stick to watching non-HD shows and once I get throttled, using my brother's phone and use his data. Bill comes 2 days after getting back home so I won't be throttled for too long lol.
    Maybe I'll get lucky and pick up a wifi signal, still though...I don't know how I would share that connection with my xbox. I HATE Linux.
  4. WarBird87

WarBird87 Well-Known Member

theoretically, if you had a wireless adapter on the xbox, wouldnt it be able to pick up a wireless signal straight from the phone itself?
  5. durps

durps Well-Known Member

I think so, too bad i dont have it LOL.