• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [How To] Titanium Backup Tips

No problem. If you can get in the habit of flashing Roms directly thru Clockwork, you may find you end up with fewer issues. It expands your wiping capabilities in addition to being a cleaner transition IMO.

I haven't done it manually before, but what is the process and it what order to I wipe dalvik, cache, and data? Do I just boot into recovery and:

1. Advanced - wipe dalvik cache
2. Wipe Cache Partition
3. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
4. Install Zip from SD card
5. Use titanium upon reboot

Thanks.

Upvote 0
I haven't done it manually before, but what is the process and it what order to I wipe dalvik, cache, and data? Do I just boot into recovery and:

1. Advanced - wipe dalvik cache
2. Wipe Cache Partition
3. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
4. Install Zip from SD card
5. Use titanium upon reboot

Thanks.

Exactly right. The order of 1,2,3 don't matter. Just do them back to back then flash the Rom.

Reactions: jprow507
Upvote 0
Great post! Got a question.... What does the option "integrate into rom" after you select an app in backup/restore do?

Thanks!

It's supposed to integrate updates to certain system apps into the Rom (things like Market, Maps, etc). If you scroll through your system apps in the backup/restore list, you might see a few of them show an (updated) status off to the right hand side by the smiley faces, checkmarks, etc.

HOWEVER, I've heard bad things about this feature from others. People have had the market (or other) disappear after trying it. So if you are going to use this feature, be sure to nand backup beforehand.

Upvote 0
I am looking for some help on the wipe data for user and system apps function under the batch operations I have the paid version and don't want to delete anything useful before I try this out

I've never used that option but basically, you'll end up with the equivalent of the rom when you first loaded it. All your selections will be absent and need to be redone. Only difference is you'll have all your apps but any options you've selected in them, or any progress for games, etc will be gone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones