How to transfer app save dataSupport

1. DarkBlue21

DarkBlue21 New Member

I have been searching everywhere and I can't seem to find a way to transfer my app save data to a new phone. I have an HTC vivid, but got a replacement recently, but I can't seem to get my app save data to transfer over. Is there a way for me to do this on an un-rooted phone and for free?

And if the only way to do it for free is to root, would temporary rooting my phone be detected by AT&T?

Advertisement
  2. typerk

typerk Member

I use an app called mybackup pro. The free version of this app runs just like the pro version for 30 days so look into that. You can save the data on the sd card. I never tried to actually transfer it between phones but it may work.
  3. woodsytattooman

woodsytattooman Well-Known Member

DarkBlue21 likes this.
  4. DarkBlue21

DarkBlue21 New Member

Thanks, I have tried both, mybackup doesn't work on another phone unless you buy the app, and as for Astro, it did not work for me... I'll just live with having to restart all my progress in games. :(
  5. lostsoul1

lostsoul1 Well-Known Member

6. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! VIP Member

If you head here, log in with your gmail account, that should have a list of every app you've ever installed (it does for me).

Also, copy the contacts csv to your PC, log in to the gmail account you associated with your handset on the PC, select Contacts, More, Import, then select the csv you've just copied over. Perform a sync on your handset, and all your contacts should appear.
  7. icedragon43701

icedragon43701 New Member

I am having to get my htc vivid replaced with another htc vivid is there any way i can log into my google play account when i get the other phone and re-install the apps without having to download them from the app on the phone?:confused: