how to transfer apps to your evo 4g from PCTips

Last Updated:

1. dking910

dking910 Member This Topic's Starter

I just got my EVO 4G yesterday (Congrats 2 Me!) And it's my 1st Android phone so I'm a novice to the operating system so in preparation for the EVO I downloaded alot of Apps & wallpapers to my PC (Windows XP) but I dont know how or what program to use to transfer the apps to my EVO! Any hints, tips or tutorial links would help & be appreciated! Thanks in Advance!!

Advertisement
  2. jamesdean

jamesdean Well-Known Member

If this is your first Android phone you would be much better off just using the market to download your apps. Having said that, I would download Astro from the market. Run the process of backing up your apps with that program. You will then have a folder on the SD card called backups/apps.

Connect the phone to the PC and copy your apps from the PC to this folder. Launch Astro, go to the Application backup/manager area, select the backed up apps tab, select the file you want to install and tap install. Please note these apps will not receive any update through the market so again, I suggest you just use the market.

3. dking910

dking910 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks so much!

4. SporkLover

SporkLover Well-Known Member

I just email them using Gmail.

5. Drew5150

Drew5150 Well-Known Member

you can also download appbrain. you can then run the appbrain app and sync with appbrain this should restore market links to the apps you just restored through astro ;)