How to Transfer Apps w/Data to New Phone?Support

1. richku4u

richku4u New Member

Have had a Samsung Galaxy S2 for 2 years and never updated OS (2.3.6) because I did not want to lose the App data (primarily Angry Birds 3-star games). I got a GS4 few days ago and would like to move the apps with data over, but having lots of difficulties because of old OS. Tried MobileGo (moves apps not data) and micro SD (Sandisk 64 GB Ultra 10). Is it possible and how or the Angry Birds are lost? Additionally, when I moved some apps and data to sd in GS2 (FAT32 format) and placed the sd card into the GS4, the data disappeared, but the app remained. Is that because GS4 can only read exFAT? Also, some of the apps now have a string title, e.g., com.rovioangrybirdd.exe, and are not accessible even back in the GS2. Is there a way to restore such apps and data?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Titanium backup will do it, but you'll have to root the phone. Helium MAY do it.
  3. lowlyworm

lowlyworm Well-Known Member

Helium worked for me for at least some apps. I'm not much of a phone game players, so YMMV. I moved from a Rezound to an S4 recently. Used paid version of Helium.
  4. dynomot

dynomot VIP Member VIP Member

Helium may work, and if your rooted Titanium Backup will. However I would be cautious of moving any app. data between different models of device and over from 2.3.6 (Gingerbread) to 4.3 (Jellybean), you may encounter issues if you do.
  5. richku4u

richku4u New Member

Thanks. I tried Helium, but the GS2 was only 2.3.6 android and Helium and others requires 4+. However, foundan app to backup Angry Birds to Dropbox and SD card--that should work.
  6. smitty543

smitty543 Well-Known Member

Please share name and information about the app you found to perform the backup.
  7. ijared

ijared New Member

Install Smart switch mobile from the play store and you can move or copy everything between phones. I tried it and it was magnificent.

Ijared
  8. Reysia

Reysia Member

+1 for smart switch.
  9. smitty543

smitty543 Well-Known Member

Can Smart Switch move information from non-Samsung phones? If not what can?
  10. richku4u

richku4u New Member

Unfortunately, Smart Switch,Helium, Carbon, etc. don't work on my S2 because it is still ics2.3.6. MobileGo can get the apps, but not the data.AngryBirds Backup works on the S2, but not on S4 restore (thinking because of the OS difference). Thinking that I will need to upgrade the OS on S2 and trust that restore will work and then I can use Smart Switch, etc.
  11. electricpete

electricpete Well-Known Member

Probably doesn't make any difference, but 2.3.6 is gb, not ics
  12. WilliamHelena

WilliamHelena New Member

13. electricpete

electricpete Well-Known Member

Op was referring to app data.
  14. bobolinko

bobolinko Well-Known Member

This app works for me all the time! I used the free one, and being it saved me a ton of grief (t-mo sales office tech said it could not be done) and transferred all my stuff via the
    "Migrate" option. I don't know how the heck it works, but nonetheless... It DOES!

Best way to backup MMS, SMS, Phhone Log when changing roms or reversing nandroid backups! and they restore in the CORRECT Chronological order, and many others do not!