How to transfer files between LG Optimus L7 and macbook? USB and bluetooth not working.

Last Updated: 2012-07-10 21:29:57
  1. Cieno Kahlo

Cieno Kahlo New Member

(1) When I connect the two with my USB cord, my macbook doesn't recognize that the phone is there.
    (2) When I turn on bluetooth on both devices, I scan with my macbook and I can't find the phone. I'm not sure if I can make the phone "discoverable", it's not anywhere that I see in the settings. There's only an on/off switch for the bluetooth.

Macbook: Macbook 6.1, Mac OSX 10.6.8
    Phone: LG Optimus L7, Android version 4.0.3

Suggestions? Is there some driver I should be downloading?

Advertisement
  2. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

You could us WiFi and a file manager like EStrongs File Explorer for to access network shares on your Mac for transfering files.

Harry
  3. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

Hi Cieno, and welcome to AF :)

Sorry to ask the stupid question, but have you mounted the phone's SD card after connecting via usb? Precisely what it will be called may depend on the phone, but "disk drive" or "usb storage" mode is what you are looking for - a button on the screen that comes up when you connect the phone, or an option in your notifications. I'm afraid I'm not familiar with LG or ICS, so can't be more specific.

Do you not have a "Bluetooth Settings" menu? If so, the discoverability switch should be in there. Bluetooth settings most likely won't be accessible until you have turned bluetooth on. Or have you tried driving the pairing in the other direction: make the Macbook discoverable and scan for it from the phone?
  4. GalaxyNexus

GalaxyNexus Well-Known Member

I have a MacBook and Android File Transfer is the bomb! It is really easy to switch and transfer files.

Hope it helps!

-GalaxyNexus
  5. Cieno Kahlo

Cieno Kahlo New Member

Hey everyone, thanks for the advice. I figured out how to work the Bluetooth settings. Basically, the Bluetooth button under settings responds in two ways: (1) turns the Bluetooth on/off if you tap on the part of it that looks like an on/off switch, and (2) it opens up additional Bluetooth settings (including making the device discoverable) if you tap on the part of it that just says "Bluetooth". Not very intuitive, IMHO, but I figured it out!.