1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support How to transfer files from Galaxy s3 to PC

1. Kwaydash

Kwaydash Member

How do i transfer files i downloaded on my phone through the internet to my PC? Simple things, seems so complicated on my galaxy s3. I used to be able to just attach a USB from my phone to PC and i would drag and drop files.

Advertisement
  2. eluno

eluno Well-Known Member

if both your phone and your computer are on the same network you can use kies air. it will be one of the apps that came with your phone. it will be orange in color. just run it and follow the prompts and you should be good to go.
  3. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

I just attach my GS3 to my PC via a USB cable and drag and drop via Windows Explorer.
  4. Hogan773

Hogan773 Well-Known Member

AirDroid........cool app and then you don't need to worry about plugging in via USB.
  5. rimjay

rimjay Well-Known Member

airdroid

get with technology!
  6. bobofthenorth

bobofthenorth Member

I use Dropbox for files that I need to have available and updated on both my PC and my phone. I also use it to move photos off the phone to the PC. I've got Kies installed but I can't remember the last time I used it - Dropbox is just so much simpler.
  7. heat57

heat57 Well-Known Member

Best app hands-down is ES File Manager from Estrongs, which is available from Play Store for FREE. It enables you to hook up your PC or NAS wirelessly and copy/paste any file to and from your device. It also now has a very simple Ftp server built in.
  8. doc1964

doc1964 Well-Known Member

Plus one for dropbox
  9. stevenw00

stevenw00 Well-Known Member

When I plug my S3 into my computer, it beeps that it is connected and charging, but it doesn't show up as a drive and doesn't prompt me (like it used to) to transfer media or camera files.
    How else can I do this? I need to transfer them to a network who's wifi I can't use (at work.)
  10. rexster314

rexster314 Active Member

You probably need to download Samsung drivers which can be had from Samsung website
  11. milsteen

milsteen New Member

I did that it picks up the the phones files but not the actual music just transferred empty folders :mad:
  12. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member

ur doin' it wrong

Conversely, you might have pulled up the SD card on windows explorer instead of the internal HD where you have your music stored? (or vice versa)
  13. milsteen

milsteen New Member

tried again it still picks up the right folders can see all the music albums but they empty no actual music just the album artwork in jpeg form but in the actual phone all the music plays fine
  14. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

Have you tried to copy the actual music files themselves?
  15. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member

is this music on Google's Play Music app? if that's the case, you won't have any music in your folder unless you've set it for offline downloading