How to transfer Music from phone memory to SD card?

Last Updated:

1. Georgebosky

Georgebosky New Member

There appears to be plenty of apps which let you move apps to the sd card but the ones I tried do not show up music files I want to move. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

Welcome to the forums :) What music files are you trying to move? Most are stored on the SD card by default. Though some apps hide them (Like Google Music Beta).
  3. billiegirl

billiegirl New Member

I have lots of songs on my phone that I transferred from old sd card, they pay just fine but when I hook up phone to transfer to new laptop none of the songs are on the new sd card in phone, how do I access these songs, I want these songs on my laptop. Please help.
  4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

If they show up on your phone, then they are on your sd card. However, you don't say which phone you have, so I should point out that many of the newer phones have an internal partition in the built-in memory that is identified to the system as the sd card. There is also usually a slot for an additional sd card which will be called something like "external".

When you plug your phone into your laptop and mount as storage, do you see two volumes? one will be the internal sd and the other would be the external. The songs are there, you just have to find them.
  5. esquipulas5

esquipulas5 New Member

how do you move music from your internal memory of your phone to the sd card permanently so that when you transfer the sd card to another phone it'll still have the music
  6. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

Hello and welcome to Android Forums. Your tunes should be on your SD card already. If they aren't, just use a browser to move the files.
  7. garrydog68

garrydog68 New Member

i have a zte warp and put my sd card in it,but the music is still in my files and not on my music player.how could i get it in my music player? i am not the sharpest tool in the box when it comes on to this.HELP