How to transfer pictures from SD card to internal storage???General

1. MrAndroid123

MrAndroid123 New Member

Hi everyone,
    I just purchased this Samsung Note 10.1 from Best Buy and was wondering if there is a way to transfer/save my photos from my SD card on to the Note 10.1? This is my first tablet but have had many Android smart phones.
    I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

I wouldn't advice storing the pics internally. They take up far too much space. You're much better off keeping them on the sd card. In the event you need to factory reset your tablet, you'll loose all your internally stored pics unless you have a backup and even then I go back to they take up too much space.
  3. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

Internal storage is for apps and app data, external storage is for users data.
  4. ScandaLeX

As true as this is, I'm STILL trying to get my sister to put a memory card in her phone. She just got the HTC One X and is very new to android.
  5. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Well-Known Member

HTC One X does not have external memory support. It's a sealed phone like the Nexus. No user replacable battery and no memory card expansion.

The internal memory, I find, is much more quicker at taking snaps than an external card. So I tend to have it shot with internal memory, transferred to dropbox, downloaded to my desktop, backed up, then deleted off the device. Or if it's going to be huge files like video, I would still try to have it set to internal memory and use X-Plore to transfer that file to the external card/HDD when completed.
  6. ScandaLeX

Ohhh thank you Neo. I didn't know this. That's good news for me. I get to keep the 32GB mSD card I was planning to give my sister. :D
  7. nxh523

nxh523 New Member

Here is the instruction: go to "my files" ,click on "extsdcard" then select folder or pictures you wanna move to internal storage, click "cut icon", then select "sdcard" (internal storage) choose folder you wanna paste it, then click "paste icon". You're done!
    I would suggest you to store images, music, and movies on external sdcard.