How to turn of charger plugged/removed beepSupport

Last Updated:

1. replicnt6

replicnt6 New Member

When I plug my Defy into the charger or unplug it, it beeps. This is annoying as I generally plug it in on the night table when I go to bed and if my wife is already asleep, it wakes her.

I saw a post somewhere that suggested that turning off SD Card Notifications would turn off the charger beep, but it doesn't on the Defy. A commenter said it stopped working when with the upgrade to android 2.1.

I've tried to search the app store, but have found nothing.

Any tips?

Advertisement
  2. LetoKynes

LetoKynes Member

I know this might be a hassle but have you tried switching the phone off before plugging it in?
  3. tednet

tednet Member

put phone into silent from the lockscreen, plug in, turn off silent again from the locksreen
  4. darmach

darmach Member

wow - thats a hell of a workaround :p

Does anyone knows any straight way? Maybe where this soundfile is located, or how is it generated?
  5. sam the man

sam the man Member

Same question asked on the xda-developers forum, but no answer as yet though.

I'd be interested to know too, as I also find it annoying. Well, it actually annoys my wife as it also wakes her since I tend to sleep later than she does. I'm currently switching it to silent before the charger is attached or removed.
  6. darmach

darmach Member

Exactly the same in my situation. I remeber that on samsung galaxy we had same issue - but it has been resolved someway...
  7. thrashin

thrashin New Member

Hi Guys,

I installed "Android Assist" from the market and under Tools>Volume Control, it allows you to adjust all the phone's volume settings in one screen. Included is a "system Volume" setting and if you turn that down it controls on/off and charging beeps.

Worked for me.

Cheers
  8. ABC_Universal

ABC_Universal Member

If rooted, you can replace the notification clip OnTheHunt.ogg with a slient chip.
    kcphaid likes this.
  9. mymymy1

mymymy1 New Member

Really the program name is Android Assistant. The slider system volume controls this sound and set to 0 removes it. The vibration remains, but not so annoying.
  10. scrannel

scrannel Well-Known Member

When mine ran 2.1, it beeped. Now, on 2.2.1 (US) it does not beep. I thought with the update to 2.2 that beep went away.